Located 12km from the campsite you will find one of the most beautiful villages in Provence nicknamed « the village in the sky » by its location on the top of a hill with a breathtaking panoramic view. It is located between the last foothills of the Prealps and the Var plain amidst beautiful pine forests, with stunning views of the middle Var to the Sainte-Victoire mountain.
After a walk through the alleys, stop at the communal mill, this one dates from the 17th century and is one of the last to still operate the old-fashioned way, by the force of the water. »Market days are Wednesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. »
To see, to visit:
- Restored 16th Century Castle
- Grimaud Tower 12th
- Saint-Denis Romane Parish Church 11th
- Remains of the Cistercian abbey near the chapel of Florielle
- Notre-Dame-du-Portalet Rural Chapel
- Chapel of Saint-Rosaire (near a spring)
- Municipal Fossil Museum
- Old washroom
- 17th century oil mill.