Aups is renowned throughout the region for its famous and highly anticipated black truffle market. It takes place every Thursday morning from mid November to mid-March. This is the most important market in the Var. In the picturesque old streets of the village, you can admire beautiful old doors, delicately crafted lintels, medieval houses, ancient fountains that adorn charming little squares, you will also notice some beautiful sundials. Depending on the time of year, from Aups you can radiate throughout the region and have the choice between spending the day at sea, which is only 60km away, or spending the day in a ski resort, as the nearest are only 80km from the village.
To see, to visit: Ruins of a 12th century castle.
- Doors and ramparts XII and XVI.
- Clock tower and its bell tower.
- Collegiate St Pancrace (XV).
- The convent of the Ursulines (private cloister).
- Simon Ségal Museum (paintings).
- Museum of the Resistance (located in the Simon Ségal Museum).
- Faykod Museum (open-air exhibition of marble sculpture)
- Truffle Museum.